CAPTA is a program of training and personal development for at risk women living in marginalized areas. The program consists of a five-week fundamental cycle that provides life skills with a series of workshops of emotional intelligence, communication, self-esteem, health, conflict resolution and personal finances. The process is accompanied by psychological support and is followed by a two-week certification to work in the hotel industry, achieving great personal and economic satisfaction .
The program has graduated 751 women since 2005, of which 59% currently work in hotels and other industries
To each and every one of the women who have gone through CAPTA , life is a different challenge, most have between 3 to children, and 61% have not graduated high school due to extreme poverty. They live disillusioned, with low self esteem and few job opportunities But when they graduate from CAPTA, they know they are valuable human beings who can set goals for their lives, as they have the tools to get a decent job and become positive leaders in their community.
- Foundation Roberto and Cecilia Heurtematte donors of 10 scholarships in 2015.
- We strengthened the connection with the graduates by providing them learning and development opportunities, impacting the lives of 193 beneficiaries during 2015.
- IPMA (International Project Management Association) Silver Prize in the Project Management category of Community Service Development Projects.
- Finalist in the Social Innovation category from the Financial Times “Boldness in Business” Awards.
- CITI Foundation grant and volunteer sponsorship for CAPTA 2014 – 2015
- Recurring scholarships and support from JUPÁ Foundation and Clinica Ford (Dentistry Clinic)
- Regional winner for the Financial Times – Citi Ingenuity Award: Urban Ideas in Action.
- Finalist of John P. McNulty Award, that recognizes projects that bring innovative solutions to problems of poverty.
- Annual Convention 2013 with Ford Dental Clinic and Spa benefiting three women per group with the donation of Perfect Smiles.